Dr. Sasa is a Specialist Otolaryngology with over 22 years of experience. He is a double European Board-Certified in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He graduated from Zagreb University in Croatia and further Specialised at Zagreb University Hospital Centre. He also completed Advanced Surgical Training and obtained a Fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, prior to spending periods of time practicing in some of the best centres in both the USA and Germany.
Dr. Sasa extensively trained in complete surgical and medical treatment of patients with ENT disorders and diseases of the head and neck. However, his major expertise is in sinus and nasal breathing problems, Allergies, Paediatric ENT problems, Aesthetic Rhinoplasty and Otoplasty, Revision Rhinoplasty, Snoring and other sleep-related disorders, Skin Cancer Surgery, ear infections and Thyroid Gland disorders (thyroid nodules, enlarged lymph nodes and cysts).
Dr. Sasa has published more than 30 articles in international medical journals, participated at numerous conferences with more than 150 presentations and received several international prestigious awards for his research and advancement of clinical science. Prior to coming to Dubai in 2011 he was a faculty member at the University Hospital teaching ENT and Facial Plastic Surgery to students and residents.
His additional passion is in sport-related ENT problems, and he was a consultant for several professional and national sport teams and athletes, some of them Olympic Medal and European Championship Winners. At the University, he was performing more than 500 surgical procedures per year.
- European-Board Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees in Biomedical Sciences
- Advanced Training in Primary and Revision Rhinoplasty
- Member of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Member of the European Rhinologic Society
- Zagreb University, The best Doctor of Philosophy Thesis Award
- European Rhinologic Society, The Special Prize for Basic Research
- Research Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Institutes of Health, USA
- Fulbright Fellowship, U.S. Department of State